Marullus Williams will be a panelist at the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers’ forum on Raise DC. Marullus will be addressing issues related to the DC Youth Employment Change Network. Information on the event is as follows:
Title — Raise DC: An Opportunity for Philanthropy to Create Collective Impact
Time: 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: 1201 15th Street NW
Eligible to attend: All WRAG members
With the release of its first Baseline Report Card, Raise DC has put forth a roadmap for collaborative action to improve outcomes for District youth, from cradle to career. Organized around a common set of goals and driven by data, this growing partnership of philanthropic, corporate, government, and nonprofit leaders serves as a catalyst for creating a system of supports and opportunities in which young people can succeed and thrive.
Join leaders from Raise DC for a conversation about how this collective impact strategy is being implemented in the District of Columbia and how philanthropy can help advance this shared agenda.
– Terri Lee Freeman, President, Community Foundation for the National Capital Region
– Bill Hanbury, President and CEO, United Way of the National Capital Area
– Jennifer Leonard, Interim Deputy Mayor for Education, Executive Office of the Mayor
– Lucretia Murphy, Executive Director, See Forever Foundation/Maya Angelou Schools
– Beatriz Otero, Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, Executive Office of the Mayor
– Marullus Williams, President, Limbic Systems, Inc., and member, DC Workforce Investment Council
This briefing is co-sponsored by the Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers and the Community Foundation for the National Capital Region.