We partner with our clients to provide cost-effective, stable, and forward-thinking technology leadership. We act as an adviser and partner to both staff and management in order to help our clients accomplish their technology, operational and business goals. We assist our clients in:
- Managing IT staff, vendors, contracts, budgets and IT assets
- Designing IT processes, standards, methodologies, plans, strategies, and sourcing and procurement
- Providing specific technology subject matter expertise (e.g., SOA/WS, HR, CRM, workflow management, data warehouse and mining)
Limbic Systems provides full-service program and project management to our clients. Limbic ensures that our client’s IT investments align with their business goals. As program manager, Limbic Systems’ services include:
- Establishing effective Program Management practices throughout the organization
- Communicating the practices to all appropriate personnel
- Integrating the practices into the full range of management activities
Limbic Systems’ project/program managers have a minimum of ten years of project management experience and the vast majority have worked in CMM (Capabilities Maturity Model) environments which have rigorous standards for project management. Limbic Systems’ project managers employ the PMI (Project Management Institute) project management methodology which is the standard at most organizations that serve Federal and Defense organizations.
Limbic Systems project managers are responsible for ensuring the success of the project. Project managers are responsible for maintaining the project schedule, ensuring that the Functional Specification is complete, supervising project staff activities and ensuring that acceptance criteria is defined and met. Project Managers serve as the primary client point of contact in all matters related to the project.
Limbic Systems offers a full range of enterprise architecture services, from strategy through implementation. We take a unified approach based on a formal IT strategy that is in line with the organization’s mission, stated business goals and key processes. Our highly-experienced Enterprise Architects capture information describing how the organization does its business, and what information, data, and technology are required to support the business.
Limbic Systems helps our customers align their business strategy to the appropriate enterprise architecture by identifying key business drivers and translating them into a technology blueprint. We then translate the enterprise architecture strategy into technical design actionable requirements. We conduct risk studies that include a comprehensive analysis of capacity, performance levels, and contingency and security plans. These assessments are then used to identify various technical and organizational issues, rank those issues, and propose mitigation strategies. By leveraging our SOA and software development expertise, we fully support implementation engagements and roll-out strategies on our client’s behalf. Our architects have significant experience working with popular architectural tools and notation methodologies.
Limbic Systems’ has a strong track recording of planning, designing and implementing Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA). In our approach, SOA is the set of principles and guidelines that inform the planning of enterprise architectures and the design, development, and integration of enterprise software. In our successful implementations of SOA, common business operations are exposed as services that are consumed by multiple systems and aggregated into new applications. These services may be within an agency, department, company or provided by business partners. Conversely, the services provided by one agency or department may be consumed by other clients or business partners. By forsaking proprietary protocols, data formats, and programming interfaces, components running on heterogeneous platforms can interact with one another.
Limbic Systems provides Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to our clients. Our IV&V services verify that the appropriate processes have been adhered to and provides validation that the resulting product or service complies with the customer’s requirements.
Our IV&V services are provided by highly experienced staff and allow our clients to obtain crucial project information in an environment organizationally free from the influence, guidance and control of the project effort itself. Limbic’s IV&V services provide our clients with:
- An objective assessment of IT projects and processes throughout the project life cycle
- Independant verification that requirements are correct, complete, accurate, consistent, and testable
- Early detection and correction of deficiencies that could jeopardize project goals
- Management insight into project and process risk
- Objective evidence of compliance (or non-compliance) with program performance, schedule and budget requirements
Limbic Systems provides “off-the-shelf” hosted solutions for government agencies. Our solutions include:
- Property Information Verification System
- Neighborhood Notification
- Mobile Inspector
- Agency Dashboard
Limbic Systems has provided software development services on a contract basis to numerous corporations and government entities. Specialized development teams with in-depth knowledge of web service development, GIS, geo-demographic analysis systems, middleware implementation and data warehouse design are available for both onsite and offsite development efforts of virtually any scope and duration.
Limbic Systems is a practitioner of rigorous documentation of system requirements prior to the commencement of coding. Extensive experience developing websites and internet-based applications has taught us to present the client with a detailed page-by-page mock-up of the site before beginning development. All projects are guided by a Functional Specification and project plan which are created at the beginning of the project. Every Limbic Systems engineer posses a minimum of 10 years of professional experience. Our database specialists’ experience includes data modeling, statistical analysis, cross tabulations, multidimensional data warehouse design, OLAP, and many other disciplines. We have built and supported applications using Paradox, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, mySQL, Interbase, Borland Database Engine, bTrieve. The vast majority of our projects involve the development of web-based applications and/or web services so our knowledge of .NET, ASP, JSP, J2EE, SOAP, XML, XSL, WAP, WML, PERL, PHP, Python and Java is expansive. Our knowledge of open source tools and platforms has been saving our clients money for years. Our experience implementing middleware solutions such as Sonic and Tibco is among our greatest strengths.
As experienced professionals, our engineering staff rapidly acclimates itself onsite to the code review standards, source control policies, technical documentation policies, and release procedures that the client has in place. It should be noted a significant number of our staff hold security clearances and virtually every team member has worked in environments where rigorous policies governing project management standards, data handling procedures, unit testing methods and deployment rules are followed to the letter.
Documentation is an often-overlooked aspect of technology initiatives. Limbic Systems ensures that our clients understand the need for good documentation and technical writing. The need for good documentation applies throughout the lifecycle of technology projects. Careful recording of user requirements, defining technical specifications, and creating support procedures are all important in ensuring that team members and stakeholders have a common understanding of a project throughout the SDLC. The benefits of Limbic Systems documentation practices include:
- System documentation – Thorough system documentation enables OITC’s operations personnel to effectively manage technology applications. Thorough code documentation, database schemas, architecture specifications and security controls are critical information elements in system documentation.
- Security specifications – Clients must protect the confidentiality, availability and integrity of its applications. Specifications must address security issues across the network, hardware and software layers of an application. Physical access concerns must be documented.
- Technical specifications for a proposal – The success of clients’ technology initiatives is in large part predicated upon its ability to procure the right solutions to address specific business problems. Technical specifications in requests for proposals must allow prospective vendors to provide accurate product and price quotes. These technical specifications also serve as the baseline against which vendors’ contract performance is measured.
- Standard operating procedures – Standard Operating Procedures for both business users and technical staff. SOPs for business users provide instruction on how to use IT systems to perform their jobs. Technical SOPs provide technical staff with repeatable, reliable, and effective methods for supporting systems and troubleshooting problems that could occur.
- SDLC documentation – Updated and current SDLC documentation is an important PMO initiative that ensures clients’ technology projects are kept on-time, on-scope and on-budget.
- Content Management System – Documentation is worthless if it is not readily accessible. A content management solution will provide secure web-based publishing, management, and retrieval of documentation.
Limbic Systems’ Approach
Creating documentation that is clear and concise requires skillful technical writing. The following list describes a few of the most important principles that Limbic Systems employs:
- Identify experienced technical writers according to the type of artifact that is being produced
- Clearly communicate the subject matter
- Be concise and economical with verbiage
- Understand the intended audience and write with that audience in mind
- Use style guidelines for consistency
- Use versioning to ensure that document revisions are carefully tracked
- Leverage document management systems to store and provide easy access to information
[tab title=”Microsoft Solutions”]
For two years, Limbic Systems has held the distinction of Microsoft Silver Certified Partner in the area of Portals and Collaboration. Limbic Systems has certified professionals who are experts in the following Microsoft technologies:
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Office 365
- Dynamics CRM
- Dynamics AX
Limbic Systems’ Microsoft Partner profile can be found at the following web location: http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/PartnerDetails.aspx?PartnerId=4298160117